
Baby number two arrived March 17, 2000, weighing in at 8ib 10 0z. And no, we did not name him Patrick or anything Irish in celebration of St. Patricks Day. We will just refer to him as G for now.
G was the easiest baby ever!! Maybe because I wasn't trying to graduate from college or something, I had more patience. He slept through the night by 6 weeks, and has loved to go to bed at night ever since!!
KJ was excited to have a baby brother. She adjusted to him right way. He was mostly content. I do however remember one time, Rick and I had taken him with us to New York to go to a Yankees game. It was in fact Rick's Law School graduation trip. G was about 2 1/2 months old. We left him with my brother and his wife while we went to the game. When we got back, his binky was secured in his mouth with Band-Aids. I guess his was cranky and having a difficult time keeping his binky in, so my brother (aka Dr. Knight) got creative. I have since heard a story about a kid that chocked to death that way.......Good thing he isn't a Pediatrician.
Although G was an easy baby, he was probably and still is, the most attached to me. I must admit, it kind of makes me feel special! His older sister never was, so I'll take what I get from him!
G has always had a witty sense of humor. He likes to make people laugh. Even at a young age he was doing silly things. He also has zero fear. He will try anything! He is great at any sport, but due to his fearlessness, he is great at any extreme sport!
Grant loves his froggy, the Yankees, his bed, Star Wars, skiing, wake boarding, hiking, windsurfing, and anything baseball.
Any coach that G has ever had, tell us he is a coaches dream. G puts everything he has into whatever sport he is playing. He is 100% there when it comes to practices and games. He listens and applies whatever he is taught. This is one of my favorite things about him and I know it will be a characteristic that takes him far!!
The following is one of the few things that I wrote down on paper.
One morning as I was getting lunches made and kids out the door, G asked me if I was coming to the school to work that day (as I always do on Friday.) I told them of course I was. To this he responded, "Whatever you do, please do not show up in your workout clothes (as I do every week because I go straight to the school after working out) it is totally gross and embarrassing!"
He is very sensitive to such things. He told me later I also smelt bad after working out!
Although the previous story might not seem so, G is very tender hearted! He is always the first to help or say sorry. He is a deep thinker which sometimes isn't the best for his tender heart!! He loves music and can tell you what any artist signs. We love him and are so happy he is part of our family!!!
Although the previous story might not seem so, G is very tender hearted! He is always the first to help or say sorry. He is a deep thinker which sometimes isn't the best for his tender heart!! He loves music and can tell you what any artist signs. We love him and are so happy he is part of our family!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment