Ok, so my first real post. I am going to start from the beginning, as my real goal is to have this printed each year, instead of journaling or scrap-booking. So, bare with me, or ignore all this. I will get current soon.
Rick and I met in college. He dated my roommate, I dated a few of his. Eventually we dated each other. We had an interesting dating experience, but I won't go into detail. Once again to protect the innocent (or sometimes guilty!)


Rick surprised me one weekend in March of 1995 with a trip to San Francisco. My parents were there when we arrived at the airport. In short, Rick took me to Alcatraz and proposed. Of course we have heard all the jokes; "Prisoner of Love", "Ball and Chain", "I got my rock on the Rock!" It was memorable to say the least! He is still to this day upset that I didn't cry when he asked me, instead laughed. I wasn't laughing at him, I just don't do mushy very well, and therefore get a little nervous. The laugh is just a defense mechanism. I did say yes though, and that is what matters, right?


We made plans to be married the following October, as Rick was heading to Washington D.C. for the summer to do a clerkship for a Senator. I went home to work and "save" money. It was a long summer, but I did get to go visit.


We were married in the LDS Temple on October 6, 1995. Rick will always remember it because it was October and the Yankees were doing well. In fact, he wanted to go straight from our wedding to the Yankees game. I convinced him it wasn't in his best interest, and so he conceded.
Our wedding day was awesome! The wedding itself was a wonderful, spiritual experience, I will never forget! That day I made a covenant that this was the man I would love forever! We just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary, and I can honestly say I love him a hundred times more and for a million more reasons today than the day I married him.
Ok, I am done being sappy!
Our reception was magical! We had it in my parents backyard. Father of the Bride had come out shortly before we were engaged. My only request for our reception was I wanted a white tent with white lights. That is what I got!


That is Rick on the ladder stringing lights!


We were ALL much younger then!



Some are no longer with us, I miss them dearly!
Most people I've talk to about their wedding say they didn't get to eat any of the food at the reception. Not the case for us! We ate, and it was delicious, enough that I remember!!
It looked pretty too!
The Wedding Cake was oh so yummy! We had several different cakes of different flavors. We ate our little cake, the one I guess you are suppose to save for your one year anniversary, the next day! For our 5 year anniversary, Rick had the white chocolate raspberry cake remade! It was just as good as I remembered!

We danced all night!
(If you look closely, you might see yourself!) I knew that night that Rick really loved me because he didn't really love to dance. He has learned though over the years, and has even improved his moves a bit!!
Someday we are going to recreate that night! I think I will pick a different dress, what's up with that big bow in the back? (I am not proud, I can admit I can't fit into a size 4 anymore anyway.) And maybe a new hairdo, for both of us.


Someday we are going to recreate that night! I think I will pick a different dress, what's up with that big bow in the back? (I am not proud, I can admit I can't fit into a size 4 anymore anyway.) And maybe a new hairdo, for both of us. We honeymooned in the San Juans, and that doesn't mean San Juan Puerto Rico! It was raining, but cozy. We watched a lot of baseball..............


excellent start Cous. ;)
ReplyDelete