Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Baby







Just 16 months after we had G, we welcomed baby #3! His alias will just be ID for now (tried just I, but that got too confusing!) ID arrived 2 weeks early and weighed 8ibs 4oz (I think the ounces are correct!) He still lets us call him our baby, he always will be, unless we have another one!



Labor with him was days it seemed! ID had many sleepless nights full of contractions, and even with an epidermal, I was exhausted by the same he made his entrance. Exhaustion might have had something to do with the two other children, one of which was barely walking! I had a bit of a breakdown the first day home alone with all three. But, it passed, and life was all good.



I never would have purposely (once again, Isaac was a bit of a "surprise") had children that close together. But, besides those first few months, or maybe years, it has been nothing but a blessing! ID and G are the best of friends, and will always look out for each other. They crack us up!




Back to ID though, because this is his post!! Being the youngest he always gets raw end!!



ID is a super fun kid! He is silly, energetic, smart, and athletic. He is always the first to give me hugs and kisses! We say we love him best at night! While G is the first to bed, at 8pm, ID likes to stay up and get some alone time with mom and dad. He climbs in bed and reads or watches baseball with Rick.

ID also tends to unknowingly get himself into trouble. Once I received an email from the teacher that he was selling baseball cards at school for a dollar. When I confronted him he looked at me confused, said sorry, but wondered what the big deal was. Rick thinks this is a great sign of his entrepreneurial side! Another time he got in trouble for climbing on the urinals in the boys bathroom at school. That might have been one that was intentional, but he didn't realize it was such a big deal. There are many more of these stories, but of course, I didn't do as my mother suggested and write them down.

ID is a natural athlete. He doesn't love extreme sports like his big brother, but he excels at team sports. It is a good thing too, because where we live, it is very competitive!


While I haven't written much down over the years, here are a couple of funny ID conversations;

ID's friend, "Kylee likes you." ID, "No she doesn't." Friend, "Mason said she likes you." ID, "Not anymore, that was Yesterday."

Conversation in the back seat of the car one day," G, did you know that Fergie got married?" Ya, ID, to some guy named John or Steve." ID, "I think they should kick her out of the Black Eyed Peas now that she is married."


We love our baby! He keeps us on our toes!



















No comments:

Post a Comment