Back in the day when it was time to move from preschool to elementary school, or junior high to high school, it just kind of happened without much fan fair. It was sort of an expected passage. Somehow these milestones have evolved to grandiose events requiring fancy new dresses, mani/pedis, pretty shoes, hairdos, and gifts of recognition. Now, if you know me, you know I am all about a reason to celebrate! But, at the risk of sounding cynical, I am perplexed at what we are celebrating. I say, talk to me when you graduate from college! That will be something to celebrate!
Regardless, K did look gorgeous in her fancy new dress and very high heals! I can't quite say that my motherly cup of pride overfloweth because she "graduated" from 8th grade, but it does because of the lovely young women she is becoming both inside and out. Truth is, maybe I am just bitter that I am old enough to have a high schooler!
Love this because it's exactly what we talked about! K is gorgeous. Any reason for a new dress, as long as they don't think they've actually accomplished something of course...
ReplyDelete