Sunday, April 11, 2010

Family Pictures


The last time that we had official family pictures was before my youngest was born. I think around October 2000(ish)

(I know you are thinking, what's up with my hair? That's ok, because
I am thinking the same thing!)

How could you not love them?


I remember it being kind of a nightmare of an experience. Figuring out what to wear so we kind of matched, getting everyone dressed, hair combed, kids fed so they were happy. I remember tears while we were there. The kids were quickly worn out of the entire experience.


Now, that doesn't mean we didn't have any pictures taken after that. Whether it be at someone's wedding, or grabbing a friend after church to take a picture while the kids were in their Sunday best, we have managed to get some decent pictures for our Christmas cards, at least! I just never felt the need to spend a lot of money to torture ourselves.

I remember this photo experience. We left from church with a friend to go to Queen Ann Hill. Got there and the memory card wasn't in the camera. Some guy that was there offered to let us use his camera and then he emailed us the pictures. Got to love technology!


This will probably be the picture that I dig out whenever I need to know that I was young once! It is also a good one when I need to remember that my kids were innocent once too!




I decided last fall that it was time to get over my 9 year aversion to family pictures. This is what we came up with!

A walk in the Park!




My cute boys!


Loving each other!

Dad telling a funny joke! (Wish I could remember what he said.)

Kids not fighting!

Action shot

Got it!

A man and his dog

Those eyes......

15 years and still in love!

It is amazing what a difference 9 years makes! Even the dog behaved! Of course only a month after we had pictures taken, she got her braces off! Just another reason to make family pictures a more reoccurring event. Although by the next time, I am sure that someone else will have braces on! I will, however, make sure to schedule pictures right at the end of Summer so at least we all have a tan!




3 comments:

  1. All of them are adorable. You are the only one in the pics who doesn't get older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new family photos, j. crew may ask to borrow a few of them for their spring ads.

    I will always remember your kids as they were in the picture taken in the front yard. sweet. full of life. bursting with confidence.
    it looks like not much has really changed.

    ReplyDelete