Tuesday, March 2, 2010

BASEBALL

My family loves BASEBALL. By the end of February, we live, sleep, eat, and breath the game! It controls our lives and determines our time. But you will never hear a soul complain.






We have played football, soccer, baseball, tennis, dance, to name a few. While they don't mind participating in these sports, there is something different when it comes to baseball. There is never a moan or groan when it comes time for practice, a game, or just throwing the ball with dad.



Maybe it is genetic! Not something they got from me, but from their dad. Since the day we met, there is one thing that is a constant, BASEBALL. I did not grow up watching BASEBALL. My brothers played some Little League, but I didn't know much about the game, except that you hit a ball with a bat, run around some bases, and games take forever! However, over the past 15 years, I have gained a love and respect for the game.

Here is what I love about Baseball
1) I love that my kids love baseball.
2) I love that my husband takes the kids individually to Giants Games to spend time with them
3) I love it's history.
4) I love a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon at the ball park.
5) I love everyone cuddled on the couch on a Sunday afternoon watching a game and eating
popcorn.
6) I love it when a teammate makes a good play or hits a home run and my sons meet them in
the dugout with a high five or slap on the butt.
7) I love the Ken Burns Series on Baseball.
8) I love that my husband coaches their teams.
9) I love listening to my kids talk strategies with their Dad.
10) I love the crack of the bat.

So, from now until the end of July, WE ARE BASEBALL! Let's Play Ball!

1 comment:

  1. you just made my heart ache. I love baseball for all those reasons and miss the role that baseball played in our lives for lo those many years. So glad you are savoring every minute... it's not a sport, it's a religion.

    ReplyDelete